Std. Length SYE - OEM Housing (Applications Below)
Part #16-1205-1941 -- $340.00 (w/1310 CV Yoke)
Part #16-1205-1950 -- $400.00 (w/1350 Non CV Yoke)
Part #16-1205-1965 -- $425.00 (w/1350 Rear Output Flange)
Applies to NP241C, NP241DLD, NP231D, NP231C, and NP233C. (see Applications below for more detail)
- Use for installing Dodge NP241 into Jeep TJ, YJ, XJ (see Notes below)
- Install in existing Dodge NP241 (truck) rear differential speedo pickup
- Use for installing Chevy NP241 into Jeep TJ, YJ, XJ requiring electronic GM speedometer pickup
- Install in existing Chevy NP241 (truck) retaining original truck speedometer (driver's or passenger F/O)
- Use for installing Chevy or Dodge NP241 into custom chassis requiring electronic GM speedometer pickup
- Use with NP231C & NP233C retaining original speedo housing and GM speed sensor
- Kit includes new HD 32-spline output shaft
- All applications for this kit retain the existing NP241 rear speedo housing
- This kit applies to both passenger and driver's side front output applications.
- This kit will not work on the NP241DHD with PTO cover.
New Process transfer cases have a well deserved reputation for being very strong transfer cases for SUV and full size truck applications. The NP241 (or NVG241) has been produced since the 1980's and remains in production today. Applications include GM and Dodge full-size trucks from 1/2 ton to 1 ton.
Most New Process transfer cases utilize a "slip-yoke" design in original form. This slip yoke design is the only area that needs improvement on the entire unit. The constant sliding action of the driveshaft yoke moving over the seal surface will cause seal degradation over time resulting in leaks and substantial loss of fluid level. Another fault of the slip yoke design is the limitation it presents to the serious offroader. In the event that the rear driveline is damaged and removed while on the trail, the slip yoke design prohibits the vehicle from being driven without loss of fluid. The slip yoke eliminator kit (SYE) cures all of these problems by providing a fixed yoke output design as found on the front output shaft of the transfer case. The SYE kit maintains the same proven 32 spline output as the original mainshaft.
This package provides a complete SYE kit for your New Process transfer case and is intended for driver's side front output applications (IFS trucks) and passenger side front output applications with either mechanical or electrical speedometers. If you wish to install a NP241 in a Jeep or early chassis with a cable drive speedometer, you will need the kit found here.